Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Plain and Simple. Mission Accomplished!

What I loved about finding Writer Un-boxed Un-conference was the ideology that the entire week was based on the craft of writing:  

Strengthening your writer’s voice.
Ramping up your characters and plot while learning about yourself. 

That is it!  Plain and Simple!  Mission accomplished!
     What I received that I didn’t expect was meeting with like-minded people and sitting with them to discuss and share my WIPs.  It was better than being showered with Christmas gifts.  I made friends who are writers that I can connect and share with.  It is such an invaluable thing.  It is tangible.  I have an un-critique group to lean on for support.  I have been alone through my entire writing experience/self-publishing.  No one within my realm of friends and family does any creative writing.  They are supportive but are not really helpful.




What surprised me was attendees that shared that they considered themselves introverts.  I didn’t find that was the case at all.   Every meal I shared was chock full of lively, interesting conversation.   I would not have guessed that anyone at the conference was an introvert!  Thinking back on it I realize it is probably because everyone felt safe enough to share about their work, lives, and what it means to them to be a writer.  

http://writerunboxed.com

Imagine how boring the conference would have been if no one shared.



1 comment:

  1. Amy, your nickname is now "Sharon." ;) It was a pleasure to have met you.

    M.L. Swift, Writer

    ReplyDelete